To celebrate the Year of the Ox, World Square presents ‘Oxapalooza’, and you are invited!
Running across 29 January – 28 February, the Oxapalooza Festival is here to bring thirty days of electric art and entertainment, fabulous shopping and exclusive deals, an augmented reality treasure hunt with a $10K prize pool, and food, glorious food!
With so much to do and see, here is our 8 must-have picks for you to try at World Square:
1. Take a good luck selfie with the Mighty Ox at Studio Oxapalooza - Standing in the Square at 3.2m tall, our Ox loooves to pose for photos – in augmented reality! So, don’t be shy, get in there, scan the QR code and get snapping! Try different poses and outfits, apply cheeky comments and stickers, and share on Instagram using #WSqLNY21 for your chance to be featured!
2. Seek your fortunes in the Lucky 8 Coin Hunt - It’s fun and easy. Just scan any of the eight especially marked QR codes at World Square entries and try your luck at winning daily prizes from the $10K prize pool – from DJI drones to dining vouchers and more! – the biggest prize pool at World Square yet. Will you be the lucky winner?
3. Indulge in Lunar New Year inspired dishes - Gather family and friends and meet at World Square to try the limited-edition specials or celebrate over an indulgent Lunar New Year banquet. BYO stretchy pants!
4. Try the yummy foodie trails - Thanks to our partnership with Liven App, you can eat your way around World Square like never before! Check out the carefully curated foodie itineraries on offer, designed to bring you good fortune, bonus Liven rewards, and a complete food coma. New to Liven? Redeem you $10 credit here to dine at World Square!
5. Indulge in Lunar New Year inspired dishes - Come and immerse yourself in rich culture and delicious food with family and friends from some of our favourite restaurants & cafes.
6. Feast your eyes on a dose of high voltage art - Check out James Jirat Patradoon’s immersive exhibition ‘ULTRA’ presented by 4A Centre for Contemporary Asian Art on the corner of George and Goulbourn. With murals, painting and installation taking cues from graphic design, anime, and tattoo illustration, James takes the Year of the Metal Ox to the next level.
7. Wander through the maze of lantern laneways – Painting World Square red are hundreds and hundreds of lucky lanterns suspended throughout the precinct – find them all and make a wish along the way!
8. Discover exclusive deals and save big! – What better way to ring in the New Year than with dozens of curated offers from your favourite stores and restaurants? We’ve teamed up with Alipay to give you just that. See here for full list of Alipay offers.
Mark 29 January – 28 February in your iCals and head to World Square to experience the one and only, Oxapalooza!